Bird Control Huelva
Pigeons can become very annoying pests, for this reason we must address a bird control in Huelva to avoid property, personal and environmental damage caused by these animals.
The health of people and pets, the stability of buildings and other elements are affected by the damage caused by pigeons, starlings, seagulls and other birds. The best solutions involve the use of physical methods. The reason? They are effective, sustainable, environmentally friendly and harmless to humans and pets.
Eliminating pigeons with respectful methods
The use of these bird control systems can be done individually or by implementing an integrated plan combining several at the same time, as required by the situation. Therefore, it is essential to analyze beforehand the appropriate way to eliminate pigeons and thus make the best decisions for each specific case.
Methods of catching pigeons with exclusion nets
Pigeons stand out as the most damaging urban pest birds. Pigeon trapping methods using exclusion nets are used on facades, rooftops and terraces of buildings to prevent pigeon access. And although they are called this name, they are also valid to prevent other birds from accessing these areas of the buildings.
The advantages of this system are manifold:
- It is a very effective barrier method.
- They are economical to install. And they are made of durable, weather-resistant material, making them very cost-effective.
- Does not cause harm to animals. It simply makes it impossible for them to access the building. But it does not cause suffering or death to the birds.
- Reversible. In case people need access through the network, they can be partially removed and easily and inexpensively reattached.
Anti-possession spikes to prevent pigeon infestations
Another of the most efficient methods of bird control in Huelva are the anti-possession spikes. This consists of the installation of highly durable rods designed to prevent birds from roosting or nesting on a building. This is a very discreet method.
This bird control system is compatible with the use of nets. But one of its main advantages is that it can be installed in spaces where the use of screens is not appropriate. For example, in smoke vents or other ducts.
Unable to roost or nest in these areas, the birds move to other places, leaving these spaces free and clean.
Light flashes, a modern system to repel birds
We can scare away pigeons without harming these animals with the use of light flashes. Beams or flashes of light are annoying to birds, causing them confusion as to their origin. And that is why they avoid approaching the places where the flashes are generated.
Light flashes as a bird control measure have no effect on migratory bird routes. They are an effective repellent. But they do not blind them or cause any harm. So they can be used with complete peace of mind.
Mechanical traps and trapping jails
Trapping for bird pest control in Huelva is mainly used to reduce the bird population in certain environments. It consists of the use of cages to which they can gain access but from which they do not know how to get out once inside.
It is an effective and low cost solution where we will be able to finish with the pigeons without producing any damage to them. Individuals may be released in natural areas to continue their reproductive cycle away from the city.
Reasons for controlling bird pests in Huelva
Diseases caused by pigeons as an urban pest
The idyllic image of country pigeons prevents some people from being aware of the diseases caused by these animals when they become an urban pest.
Is this your case?
Knowing how they affect people’s health is essential to become aware of the need to take measures for bird control in buildings and public and private spaces .
- Cryptococcosis. This fungus present in pigeon droppings can infect people in contact with nests by penetrating their lungs.
- Salmonellosis. The damages caused by salmonellosis are popularly known: fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. What is not as well known is that this infection can pass from bird droppings through the air onto laundry. Or even sneak in through windows. And thus infect people.
- Psittacosis or chlamydiosis. It can be transmitted to humans by pigeons or other birds. It mainly affects the respiratory system, where it manifests similarly to pneumonia. But it also causes damage to the digestive system. It can affect the spleen and liver.
- Allergic alveolitis or pneumonitis. It is a very common allergic reaction although many sufferers are unaware of it and associate their symptoms with the common cold or other causes. In some cases it causes inflammation of the pulmonary alveoli. Its symptoms are cough and shortness of breath. As well as the appearance of fever and chills.
- Histoplasmosis. It is a respiratory infectious disease that passes relatively easily from infected bird droppings to humans through the air.
Do bird pests still seem like a lesser evil to you?
Tips to prevent the appearance of bird pests in buildings
As in so many matters, preventing the appearance of a problem is always easier and cheaper than trying to solve it when it is already present.
- Implement physical bird control systems, such as exclusion nets, anti-poaching spikes, flashing lights and traps, in blocks of flats, public and private buildings.
- Never provide food to urban birds.
- Eliminate puddles and areas with water in buildings to prevent birds from approaching to drink.
- Identify areas in your building where birds could shelter and nest. And it takes measures to prevent their access to them.
- Maintain the cleanliness of common areas of your building such as terraces or patios, eliminating food debris or objects used to build their nests.
- Eliminate pests of mice that may attract birds that feed on them.